How do you know if OT can help your child?
- Avoids touching or being touched (especially if unexpected), dislikes getting dirty, seems unaware of pain, and/or displays upset with daily routine tasks such as dressing, bathing, washing hair, cutting nails, etc.
- Seems clumsy or uncoordinated (taking longer than expected to learn motor skills, bumps into other people or objects in the environment, falls often, etc.)
- Poor eye contact or difficulty interacting with adults/peers
- Covers ears, becomes upset, or complains about loud noises
- Difficulty following verbal directions or completing steps of daily routines
- Limited diet (does not eat certain food textures or temperatures, gags on food, etc.)
- Avoid movement activities such as swings, slides, hesitates on curbs or uneven surfaces, etc.
- Appears to be in constant motion, fidgety, difficult time sitting still
- Overly rough when playing
- Difficulty imitating actions
- Unsafe in community or at home
- Disruptive behaviors-impulsive, limited attention, resistive to new activities/changes in routine, difficulty moving from one activity to another, gives up easily, difficulty calming self
Welcoming PlaceWith Quality Care
Our philosophy is learning through play as we offer a stimulating environment for children. Our philosophy is learning through play as we offer.
- Friendly Place
- Online Access
- Varied Classes
- Full Day Sessions
Years of Experience
Pediatric Advanced Therapy offers comprehensive psychological testing services including psychodiagnostic and psychoeducational assessments. We offer support and recommendations to help your child or adolescent succeed in the home and school setting for a variety of diagnoses. Testing services area available at our Charlotte (Ayrsley or Matthews), Mooresville, Concord, or Salisbury locations. Testing services are not available in Winston-Salem at this time.
Disorders Assessed For:
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depressive Disorders
- Elimination Disorders
- Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders
Our Psychologist: Olivia Cometti, Ph.D., LPA, NCSP
Testing services available at our Charlotte (Ayrsley or Matthews), Mooresville, Concord and Salisbury locations. Currently accepting N.C. Medicaid (Partners or Cardinal) and Blue Cross Blue Shield. More private insurances to come. Testing services are not available in Winston-Salem at this time.
Dr. Olivia Cometti,
Lead Psychologist, All Locations
Olivia graduated from the University of Kentucky with a Doctorate in School Psychology. Olivia has experience in both school and clinic settings conducting comprehensive psychoeducational evaluations. She has been trained to evaluate children and adolescents using a variety of assessments that serve to assist in the diagnosis of various disorders and disability categories. Olivia has a certificate in Developmental Disabilities and her passion is evaluating and providing early interventions for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Olivia enjoys spending time outside with her husband and dog.
Schedule An Evaluation For Your Child Today
+1 888 561 795 1 or
How Do You Know if Psychological Testing Can Help Your Child?
Our Psychological Testing Screening Tool is a great way to determine if pediatric psychological testing is right for your child and can help him/her meet life’s challenges. Your child may benefit from psychological testing intervention if he/she has experienced or is experiencing any of the issues below.