How do you know if OT can help your child?
- Avoids touching or being touched (especially if unexpected), dislikes getting dirty, seems unaware of pain, and/or displays upset with daily routine tasks such as dressing, bathing, washing hair, cutting nails, etc.
- Seems clumsy or uncoordinated (taking longer than expected to learn motor skills, bumps into other people or objects in the environment, falls often, etc.)
- Poor eye contact or difficulty interacting with adults/peers
- Covers ears, becomes upset, or complains about loud noises
- Difficulty following verbal directions or completing steps of daily routines
- Limited diet (does not eat certain food textures or temperatures, gags on food, etc.)
- Avoid movement activities such as swings, slides, hesitates on curbs or uneven surfaces, etc.
- Appears to be in constant motion, fidgety, difficult time sitting still
- Overly rough when playing
- Difficulty imitating actions
- Unsafe in community or at home
- Disruptive behaviors-impulsive, limited attention, resistive to new activities/changes in routine, difficulty moving from one activity to another, gives up easily, difficulty calming self
Welcoming PlaceWith Quality Care
Our philosophy is learning through play as we offer a stimulating environment for children. Our philosophy is learning through play as we offer.
- Friendly Place
- Online Access
- Varied Classes
- Full Day Sessions
Years of Experience
Things we can help with in counseling:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders – visual and structured support
- Developmental disabilities
- IEP support
- Early intervention
- Navigating new diagnoses
- Family conflict
- Anger management
- Coping with parents’ divorce
- School behaviors
- Impulse control and conduct disorders
Types of counseling we offer:
- Children’s counseling
- Group therapy
- Parents’ support counseling
What does counseling include?
What does counseling not include?
What insurances do you accept for counseling?
We accept N.C. Medicaid (Partners and Cardinal), NC Healthchoice, and all private insurances. We also accept self-pay.
How can counseling help my child?
How can counseling help me as a parent?
Where do you offer counseling?
We offer counseling for kids and families in Asheville, Charlotte, Concord/Kannapolis, Huntersville, Matthews, Mooresville, Winston-Salem, and virtually through teletherapy! You can receive counseling in one of our clinics or from the comfort of your own home.
Schedule An Evaluation For Your Child Today
+1 888 561 795 1 or
How Do You Know If Counseling Can Help Your Child?”
Our Counseling Screening Tool is a great way to determine if pediatric counseling is right for your child and can help him/her meet life’s challenges. Your child may benefit from counseling intervention if he/she has experienced or is experiencing any of the issues below.